An example for a sales manager may be:
An interview-landing resume doesn’t just tell what you did or know how to do (task oriented) it illustrates how well you did those things (accomplishment oriented). Readers want to know and see hardcore facts, figures, numbers (#, $, %). You want this information to be indicative of your entire career not just job by job.
An easy formula for this is AARQ ("Ark"): Action, Accomplishment, Result, Quantify. What action did you take and / or accomplishment did you achieve? What was the result of this action? Quantify the resulting impact on the company. Here's an example from a recent, real client:
- What action did you take? Managed revenue budget.
- What was the result of this action? Exceeded revenue goals and increased revenue.
- Can you quantify the action or result? Managed $77 million revenue budget, exceeded revenue goals, increased revenue by 38%
- Final resume line item: Managed $77 million revenue budget for third party marketing products, continually exceeded revenue goals, and steered 38% revenue growth
- Certified Professional Resume Writer (Professional Association of Resume Writers) with more than 10 years experience.
- Developed 1,000's of executive and professional level resumes for clients across the country and around the world.
- We can get started today and have your resume within 5 days!
- RUSH is available for those of you needing your resume turned around in 24 hours!